Dal Pakwan (दाल पकवान )
Winter has given a knock on the doors .Come Winter and i remember all the mouth watering dishes we get in Indore. So this weekend when i got an opportunity to attend a family function in Indore, i was happy like never before.
My visit to Indore is always special as this is one of those rare occasions when I am able to spend quality time with my parents but also get an opportunity to reunite with my cousins and other family members. So we usually try to organize somethings wherein the whole family gathers under one roof. Other than this , we also indulge in many sinful delicacies which keep our apetites satiated atleast for the next few days .
So i ate everything right from Pohe ,Jalebi to Dal Pakwan. Dal Pakwan (दाल पकवान ) is a very authentic and typical Sindhi dish specially served as a breakfast . Keeping all concerns about the calories it imparts , we attacked on the dish and must say it was HEAVEN . Sharing the recipe so that you guys can also try this awesome dish.
Ingredients for Dal :
- 1 small bowl Chana Dal
- Half bowl Green Moong Dal
- Half bowl split yellow Moong dal
- 2 finely chopped onions
- Cumin Seeds -1 teaspoon
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies
- Half cup Coriander finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 spoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- Oil- 1 tenable spoon
- Salt to taste.
Ingredients for Pakwan: 2 cups Maida, salt to taste ,oil for deep fry.
1) Cook chana dal with moong dal and split yellow moong dal in a pressure cooker, adding salt, , turmeric powder & green chillies.
2) When cooked, add some water , amchur and boil it well.
3) Season it with a Jeera Tadka.
1) To make the Pakwans ,knead the maida with 1 tsp oil, salt and make a hard dough using water.
2) Make small balls out of the dough. Now, take a ball, roll it into a thin chapati and make slits all over the chapati with a knife .
3) Fry the chapati in hot oil on medium flame till it turns golden.
Serve the Pakwan with hot Dal with a garnishing of chopped onions . coriander , red chilli powder ,dhania powder ,amchur and pepper powder. You can also make a khatti -mithi chutney .And yes ,don't forget to have fried green chillies.