Pulao with Sauted Veggies
Ahhh !! THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY !! Last working day of the week. come Friday and you are strangely in a chilled out mood ,irrespective of the dreadful deadlines and the client calls. So yesterday evening , I was just wondering that what should I cook for today's lunch and Pulao was the instant pick.
Usually whenever I cook Pulao , there are 2-3 variations.But i wanted to try something different today.So modified the recipe a bit and the was quite pleased with the results. So here's an easy-to-make variant of the dish.
Basmati Rice- 2 cups
5 Garlic Cloves
1 small piece of Ginger
2 Teaspoons grated Coconut (Khopra)
4 Green Chillies
Grind Khopra, Garlic ,Ginger and Chilli into a coarse paste.
Vegetables for Tadka :
2 Onions (finely chopped into thin slices)
Cauliflower Florets -1/2 cup
Oil for Pulao- 1 teaspoon
Oil to Saute Veggies - 1 Tablespoon
Cumin Seeds ( Jeera)- 1 teaspoon
1 medium sized Bay leaf (Tejpan)
1 medium sized Cinnamon (Dalchini)
1 teaspoon Pepper Powder
Method for Rice :
1) Wash the rice thoroughly and keep it aside.
TIP: If its an old Basmati , there is no need to soak it in water as the old one absorbs a lot of water but if its from the new lot , soak it for half an hour and then cook .
2) Heat oil in the cooker , add jeera ,bay leaf , clove and the paste. Stir it for 1 minute.
3) Add rice and add 3 cups of water . Add Salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of MDH Chole Masala or any other general purpose Masala from your kitchen.
4) Stir it properly and close the lid.
5) Cook the rice with 15 minutes or take 2 whistles if using a pressure cooker only and turn off the heat.
1) Heat oil in a a frying pan . Add chopped onions, green peas and cauliflower florets
2) Cover it for 1 minute. Don't overcook. Remember that we just need to saute them till the veggies till they are light brown but the veggies should not become tender.
3) Add salt and 1 teaspoon Pepper Powder and add the mixture to the cooked rice.
4) Mix Well and add a generous amount of Coriander leaves .
5) Serve Hot with Cucumber Raita.