Cabbage Vadi (पत्तागोबी वडी)
This week had been a real hectic one with a lot of work happening both at the personal and professional front. Still my enthusiasm of making something new was not ready to fizz out. On a quick check ,the only thing i found in the fridge was a fresh Cabbage. But the cook in me shuddered at the sheer thought of making a routine sabzi with it. At last, I made this Vadi which gave a facelift to the humble veggie and believe me it was quite a hit. So here comes the recipe :
1 medium Cabbage- (finely chopped )
1 cup besan
1 cup rice floor
Ginger-Garlic paste- 2 spoons
Cumin Seeds- 1 spoon
Turmeric Powder - 2 teaspoons
Salt & Chilly Powder to taste
- Mix all ingredients (except oil) in a bowl .Remember not to add much water as cabbage already is rich in water content.
- The batter should be as thick as the one we use for making idli .
- Grease the cooker pan and pour batter into it.
- For steaming , use the cooker by removing the whistle.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes then cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- You can eat the steamed vadi without frying it as it is quite healthy.
- Many people prefer deep frying to make vadi's crisp but i preferred a shallow fry .
- Fry both sides till golden brown.
- Serve with Ketchup or Green Chutney.
HAPPY COOKING !!