Paneer-Gobhi Paratha (पनीर-गोभी पराठा)
Yesterday I was in two minds about the menu for the Lunch Box. At first , I thought about the routine Gobhi Ki Sabzi and Phulke but somehow the sheer thought of it seemed so sad.So I thought of making something with the same ingredients which not only looked better in the Lunch Box but was also nutritious.So here's the recipe:
Ingredients: (For the Dough)
Done nothing special for the dough.
Mix some salt ,1 spoon oil & 3 cups of Wheat floor with water and knead well.
Ingredients: (For the Stuffing)
Finely grated Paneer - 1/2 cup
Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chillies -2-3 ,finely chopped
Finely chopped Coriander -1 tablespoon
Fennel Seeds ( सौंफ ) - 1 teaspoon
Dhania Powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt and Chilli Powder to taste
1/2 spoon Sugar
Mix all these ingredients together and keep it aside.
Oil for applying on both sides of Paratha
- Divide the dough in small balls the way you make it for Chapati or plain paratha.
- Roll out the ball into a disc. Remember that the disc should not be too thin or else it will break while rolling it with the stuffing.
- Put some amount of the cauliflower mixture (taking a judgement of the size of the roll) and bring the edges together and seal it properly like a Modak (मोदक).
- Roll out the paratha gently ,being careful not to break it.
- Heat a griddle and grease it with little oil.
- Place the Paratha and let it turn golden brown. Repeat for the other side as well.
- Serve it with Tomato Sauce or Green Chutney.
You can also saute the grated paneer till golden brown. But then its become bit oily and can make the stuffing soggy. So if you are using sauteed paneer , don't add oil while cooking .
So try it and give a 'facelift' to the lunchbox :-)) HAPPY COOKING !