Patwadi (पाटवडी) is an authentic Maharashtrian dish which can be eaten as a snack with ta or coffee or you can also have it at dinner time with chapati's . Some people also like to make it with curry which actually makes it look similar to the Gatte ke Sabzi which I had shared in my earlier post. But I prefer it without rassa/ curry . This is my Mother-in-law's another specialty which is quite easy to make.
Gram Floor (बेसन) - 2 cups
Turmeric Powder -1/2 tspn
Chilli Powder & Salt - as per taste
Poppy seeds - 1 tbspn
Oil- 1 tblspn
Grated Coconut and Chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Time to prepare : 20 minutes
- Mix gram flour, turmeric powder , chilli powder,poppy seeds and salt with water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida & mustard seeds and let them splutter .
- Now add the gram flour mixture and simmer it till it becomes thick.Remember that stir is continuously to avoid lumps.
- Grease a big plate and spread the cooked mixture evenly. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Now cut in squares and garnish it with fresh grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.