Bharwan Bhindi (भरवां भिन्डी )
Few veggies are liked by most of the people in various age groups. भिन्डी/Lady finger/ Okra is one such vegetable . Whatever be the way of cooking or whatever be the spices , the authentic taste of bhindi is just irresistible. You can make Bharwan Bhindi in many ways- with onions and lots of spices ,with mashed potatoes, with Amchur powder and the list goes on. The one which i had made for dinner is with besan stuffing. This way the sabzi can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days .All you have to do is to microwave or Tava heat it for few minutes it and enjoy with Paratha or Roti. Take a look at the recipe:
- 250 gms Ladyfinger (medium sized and smooth)
- Gram Flour (बेसन ) -1 small katori
- Coriander Powder- 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt and Red Chilli Powder to taste
- Cumin Seeds - 1 1/2 teaspoon
For Tadka :
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
Preparation Time:20-25 minutes
- Wash the ladyfinger and strain the water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
- Cut of the two ends and make a lengthwise slit without cutting through it.Keep it aside.
- For the stuffing, dry roast the besan till brown.
- Add turmeric powder, salt , chilli powder , coriander powder and cumin seeds.
- Fill each slit bhindi with this masala and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and mustard seeds. Let them splutter then add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Add the stuffed bhindi and cover it.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes turning in between.
- Serve hot with Chapati and daal.
- You can also have these as starters.
Try it today .Happy Cooking !!