Green Peas Paratha (मटर के परांठे )
Winter is one of the best season for foodies. The best thing one can think for a perfect afternoon or a weekend is lazing around and enjoy good food /snacks with Garma Garam chai...When we are discussing Winter Special, how can one forget हरी मटर .Be it the delectable Matar Paneer or the irresistible Matar Kachori , this fiber rich veggie is a must have in winters. Though it is available throughout the year in the frozen form , nothing beats peeling fresh peas from the pods :-)) As all family members love recipes with peas, i made this Stuffed Paratha :
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- Green Peas -250 gms
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- Gram Flour (बेसन) - 2 tablespoon (slightly roasted)
- Asafoetida - 2 teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds (सौंफ ) - 2 teaspoon
- Cummin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt and Chilli Powder to taste
- Garam Masala -1 spoon
- Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Oil -1 spoon
- 2 cup Wheat Atta
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- For the stuffing , grind the green peas coarsely .
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadhai . Add asafoetida , minced garlic ,cumin seeds , fennel seeds ,turmeric powder and chilli powder .
- Add ground peas and mix well. Add besan and cover it with a lid for 5 minutes .
- Now add salt, garam masala and coriander powder and roast the mixture for another 2-3 minutes. The stuffing should look like this now:
- Let this mixture cool down . In the mean time, make the dough by mixing wheat atta , salt and 1 spoon oil with water.
- Divide the dough in small balls the way you make it for Chapati or plain paratha.
- Roll out the ball into a disc. Remember that the disc should not be too thin or else it will break while rolling it with the stuffing.
- Put some amount of the green peas mixture (taking a judgement of the size of the roll) and bring the edges together and seal it properly .
- Roll out the paratha gently ,being careful not to break it.
- Heat a griddle and grease it with little oil.
- Place the Paratha and let it turn golden brown. Repeat for the other side as well.
- Serve it with Tomato Sauce or Green Chutney and Fresh Curds.