Gulachi Poli (गुळाची पोळी )
गुळाची पोळी is another Sankranti special dish which is specially made in most of the households in Maharashtra . Most of the ingredients are the same as Til Wadi with few add-on ingredients . I had never tried making gul poli before but this year i really wanted to try them because . I firmly believe in the spirit of festivities and try to make as many dishes as possible . Here is my recipe for गुळाची पोळी :
Ingredients: (For Stuffing)
- Grated Jaggery (गुळ)- 1 cup
- Roasted Besan (बेसन ) - 1/2 cup
- Ground Roasted Sesame Seeds (तिल) - 1/2 cup
- Grated Coconut- 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder- 2 teaspoon
- A pinch of Nutmeg (जायफल ) Powder
- 1 cup Wheat atta
- 1 cup Maida
- Oil -1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Makes: 15-18 polis
- For the dough, mix wheat floor, maida ,oil and salt with water and knead well. Keep it aside.
- For the stuffing , add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Make equal portions of the dough.
- Sprinkle some maida on the rolling board and roll the dough to the size of Puri (पूरी ).
- Place a spoonful of the tilgul mixture at the center and close the edges like a Modak so that the filling doesn't come out.
- Sprinkle some maida and roll it gently till it becomes like a Chapati.
- Heat a griddle and dry roast the gul poli from both sides ,till it turns golden brown.
- Put them on a newspaper and let them cool down so that they become crisp.
- Serve them with a generous serving of ghee.
You can increase the quantity of gul as per your taste. Son what are you waiting for? Try it today ..Happy Cooking !