Nariyal Ki Kheer (नारियल की खीर )
The Indian platter is always incomplete without a dessert. Be it any festival , a birthday party or any other function , desserts bring that 'concluding smile' on each foodie's face . Even the portrait of the 'Maa' in our Indian movies cannot be complete until and unless she says 'Beta maine tumhare liye Gajar ka Halwa / Kheer banayi hai' :-))))) Jokes apart..Kheer(खीर) is an integral part of every festival or pooja . There may be a lot of variations as far as the ingredients are concerned. But the one which was an instant hit at my home during a party ,was the नारियल की खीर which i had actually made as an experiment. This quick recipe gets the rich taste of Coconut and thus makes it popular among people who have a sweet tooth . Take a look at the recipe:
- 1 Tender Coconut (पानी वाला नारियल)
- 1 Ltr. Milk
- 1 small spoon Ghee
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Dry Fruits ( Cashews , Raisins , Almonds ,Charoli)
- 1 2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon edible green food colour
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- Grate the coconut . Pour ghee in a pan and roast till the coconut turns light brown. Keep it aside.
- In a thick bottom pan , boil milk and then add the roasted coconut to it.
- Keep the flame medium and stir it continuously to avoid sticking at the base.
- Let it boil for 7-8 minutes. Add sugar and let it simmer till the sugar dissolves completely. You can boil it further to get the desirable thickness.
- Now add chopped dry fruits and green colour.
- Turn off the gas and add cardamom powder .
- Mix well. Let the ingredients blend well .
- Garnish it with almonds and serve hot.