Paneer Chilli Pakoda (पनीर मिर्च पकौड़ा )
Some recipes actually pep up your taste buds . Bhajiye( भजिये) /Pakode (पकौड़े) are one of them :-) One can enjoy them anytime. Be it the Kanda Bhajiya ,Aalu Bhajiya ,Palak Bhajiya or Mirch Pakoda, one can relish them with a hot cup of tea on a simple rainy day. One can experiment a lot with the recipe and believe me it can never go wrong . So when I read this recipe by Tarla Dalal , I instantly decided to try it in the evening specially for hubby who loves Paneer in every form. The Bhavnagri Chillies(भावनगरी मिर्च) or Jalapenos ,have a mild taste and taste great as a sabzi as well. Take a look at the recipe:
- 8-10 Bhavnagri Chillies -Slit vertically and deseeded
- Grated Paneer -1 cup
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder -1 teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds -1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder -1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
For the batter:
- 1/2 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- Turmeric Power- 1 teaspoon
- Carom Seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Hot Oil
Oil for Deep Frying
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- For the stuffing , combine all the ingredients in a plate and mix well.
- Divide this stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep it aside.
- For the batter , combine all the ingredients in a bowl with water and make a thick batter. Keep it aside
- Stuff each chilli with a portion of the stuffing.
- Add hot oil in the batter and mix well. Now dip the stuffed green chillies in the batter making sure that the entire chilli is covered with the batter.
- Put it in hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with Tomato Sauce or Green chutney.
You can serve this delectable dish as a starter or even as a side dish with meal . So what are you waiting for? Try it TODAY ! Happy Cooking !