Since my childhood , I am very fond of Dal-Rice and Khichdi. Every kid feels that his/ her mom is the best cook . But I can bet on anything that my Mom makes the best Dal in this world. So I always ended up having an extra helping of the yummy dal and rice or khichdi. Me and my brother were supposed to do revisions after dinner or complete our homework. But after having rice ,many a times i used to feel sleepy. So my Mom used to make this Dalia which was light ,filling and tasty .Also one doesn't feel guilty after that extra helping :-P. So if you want to keep a check on your weight or want to eat something light , try this recipe now:
- 1 cup Broken Wheat (dalia)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot -(finely chopped)
- 1 small katori Fresh Green Peas
- 1 small katori -Fresh Corn Kernels
- 1 small katori0 Green Moong dal
- 2-3 Green Chillies -finely chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 6-7 Curry leaves (मीठा नीम )
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Fresh Coriander for garnishing
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- In a pan , dry roast broken wheat till brown. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add asafoetida & mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, onions and garlic cloves .Saute till brown.
- Add all the veggies and dal and turmeric powder.Mix well.
- Add salt and 2-3 cups of water depending on the consistency you want.
- Pressure cook (approx 2-3 whistles ,depending on the texture of the broken wheat)
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with moong dal, curd or buttermilk.
Happy Cooking !