Aalu Ki Kachori(आलू की कचौरी )
Hello people.. Back after a fun-filled trip to my hometown Indore. It is always painful to leave the city and come back to the grind. A perfect blend of rustic and modern lifestyle , Indore is a place where people are full of warmth .
As always, the trip was awesome and i missed no chance to have the mouth-watering delicacies. They say 'Indori's have Poha, Samosa, Kachori and Jalebi in their blood.' :-))). It is not only the quality of food ,but the warmth of people which makes you eat that extra piece.
Life in Indore starts with Cutting Chai and garma garam poha ,jalebi and kachori .Aalu ki Kachori and Samosa are usually available in the later half of the day. This kachori is not only tasty but quite easy to make. My Mom makes the best Aalu Kachori in the world. She makes it so quickly that you can actually call it as 'effortless cooking'. Its a hot favorite among all our relatives. Sharing her recipe with you:
Ingredients: (For Stuffing)
- 1 kg Boiled and Mashed Potatoes
- Fennel Seeds-1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 250 gm Maida
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 spoon oil
Preparation Time: 25 mins
- For the stuffing , mix all ingredients in a bowl and mash it again.Keep the mixture aside.
- For the coating, make soft dough by mixing all ingredients with water and keep it covered for 5-10 mins
- Divide the dough in small balls.
- Flatten it on the rolling board .
- Put 1 1/2 spoon filling on it and seal the ends of the circle . Press slightly between palms and roll it gently with a rolling pin.
- Repeat the same with the remaining balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry kachoris on medium flame till they are brown from both sides.
- Serve hot with Kanda(onion) chutney /green chutney or sauce.
HAPPY COOKING !