The quick and tasty frankies need no introduction. Right from the simple Aaloo frankies to the spicy ones, people from all age groups like it. Today Frankies have become very popular as a street food as they are sumptuous and also quite cheap. The Indianised version is so versatile that you can fill them with anything of your choice . I made these Corn-Paneer frankies for breakfast and they were just awesome. Here's the recipe:
- 6 Fresh Chapatis (you can also use leftover chapatis )
- 1 cup Sweet Corn kernels (steamed)
- 1 cup finely chopped Capsicum
- 1 Small Potato (boiled and mashed)
- 1 cup cubed Paneer
- 1 spoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 medium onion(thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 spoon oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Chilli Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Chaat Masala
- Salt to taste
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and cumin seeds. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add turmeric powder , mashed potato,steamed corn kernels, chopped capsicum , paneer cubes and saute till capsicum turns a bit tender.
- Add salt and keep it aside.
How to Proceed?
- Heat a griddle and put a drop of oil and place one chapati . Heat it for few seconds from both sides.
- Put the chapati on a chopping board.Spread one spoon of Chilli sauce .
- Now place one portion of stuffing in the centre of chapati in a row .
- Put chopped onions and some tomato sauce on the stuffing.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and roll it tightly like a wrap.
- Wrap a tissue paper or foil around each Franky and serve immediately.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining chapatis.
For the spread , you can also use:
- Green Chutney
- Tamarind Chutney
- Mango Chutney or even Achar Masala for the typical Indian taste :-))
So try these lip-smacking frankies today ! HAPPY COOKING !