Methi Muthiya (मेथी मुठिया )
For the past so many days , i was planning to try my hands on this recipe recommended by Mom. So this weekend while deciding the menu for dinner , i found some fresh fenugreek leaves in the fridge and i instantly started preparations for Muthiya. This Gujarati delicacy can be steamed , stir fried or can be deep fried and stored for 10-12 days. Here comes the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup Gram Flour ( बेसन )
- 1 cup clean and finely chopped Fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Chilli Powder and Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Curd (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Oil to stir fry
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a stiff dough.
- If the dough is too stiff, you can add few teaspoon water .
- Divide the dough in small balls and shape them into sausage shape pieces.
- Steam these muthiya for 10 mins or boil them for 10 mins.
- Remove from steam .
- You can eat it as it or else heat oil in a pan and stir fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney and sauce.
- To enhance the nutritive value, you can add wheat flour or 1 tablespoon multi-grain atta and fresh palak pureewhile making dough.
Happy Cooking !!