Bottle Gourd Peel Chatni
Oozing with nutritional benefits, Bottle Gourd / लौकी/दूधी is very light on stomach .It is not only ideal for weight watchers but also beneficial for people suffering from diabetes. Most of the people use it for making sabzi with Chana Daal , for making Kofta curry or for making Halwa. But very few know that its peel is also very nutritious and tasty. Take a look at the chatni recipe which i made from the peel:
- Peel of 1 medium sized Bottle Gourd
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (तिल )
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried coconut(grated)
- 2-3 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
Preparation Time: 5-10 mins.
Cooking Time: 10 mins.
- Wash and pat dry the peels and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan . Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, chopped green chillies, sesame seeds and the peels.
- Roast it till the peels become crisp and brown.
- Now add the grated coconut and roast till the coconut becomes light brown.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Now add salt and sugar and grind it coarsely. Don't add water.
- You can store this chatni for 10-12 days and can have it with Paratha or Poori.
HAPPY COOKING !