Penne Pasta in Coriander Sauce
As a matter of fact Pasta / Macaroni was never 'my kind of food'. But my husband always loved to have pasta , noodles and all such variety of food. I really never thought of giving it a try .Keeping his taste in mind,i used to buy the Pasta from Maggi which was easy to cook. But gradually i started liking the taste and started cooking pasta at home with the help of recipes found on the net. Now i can experiment on my own and the results are also good which has further motivated me to come up with a lot of variety . One such experiment is Penne Pasta in Coriander Sauce which is simply yummy.Take a look at the recipe:
- 250 gms Penne Pasta
- 1 medium sized Tomato -finely chopped
- 2 Cups Chopped Coriander
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion Greens
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoon Green Chilli Paste
- 1 cup Mixed Veggies ( Sweet Corn Kernels , Carrots , Spring Onions). You can also add green peas and capsicum .
- 1 teaspoon Pepper Powder
- Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar/ Juice of 1 small lemon
- Salt to Taste
- 1 spoon Oil
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15-20 minutes
- Boil water in a deep vessel . When the water is boiling , add salt and penne.
- Cook till the penne pasta becomes tender and transparent. Drain the water.Add 1 glass cold water and drain it again. This ensures that the pasta doesn't get sticky. Cover it with a lid and keep it aside.
- In a pan ,boil some more water with salt and add the corn kernels and carrots .
- Let them boil for 5 -8 minutes . Switch off the gas and cover the pan with a lid. After 5 minutes drain the water and keep the steamed veggies aside.
- For the Coriander Sauce, grind coriander & chopped tomato with garlic and green chilli paste. Keep it bit coarse.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped spring onions and the greens. Saute till they are tender.
- Now add the Coriander Paste and saute it till the color becomes dark green. At this stage, add lemon juice,pepper powder and salt. Mix well. If you want , you can add some water to the sauce.
- Now add the steamed veggies .Let it simmer for 5 minutes so that the veggies get covered with the taste of sauce.
- Combine Pasta with the sauce .
- Serve hot with the garnishing of chilli flakes.
If you are a Spinach lover , you can replace coriander with spinach and make the same recipe in thick spinach sauce which is not only healthy but also makes the dish a sumptuous meal . HAPPY COOKING !!