Cooking has always been one of my hobbies. The contentment of satiating the hunger of people with mouth-watering dishes is beyond words. Cooking a variety of items and garnishing them beautifully to make them irresistible for people, fills my heart with immense pleasure.
Considering the hectic routine and busy lives of everyone around ,this art is just being considered and performed as a 'not-so-pleasant task' at the end of a tiring day. Throughout the week , working moms are looking for dishes which can be made quickly ,are tasty and also give the required nutrition to the whole family.
So here's one more 'Jhatpat recipe' for a real busy day :
- 2 cup Semolina (रवा)-slightly roasted
- 1/2 cup sour curds
- 1/4th cup soaked Poha
- 1/2 cup boiled Corn Kernels
- 1 finely chopped Carrot
- 1 small onion-finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tailspin Green Chilli Paste
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon Fruit Salt / Eno
- Salt to taste.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking Time : 15 mins
- Take the roasted Semolina and soaked Poha in a medium sized bowl .
- Mash the poha and mix it well with Semolina.
- Keep it aside for about 10 -15 minutes.
- Add some water to the curds and use blender to get a butter milk like consistency.
- Add the buttermilk to the Semolina & Poha mixture.
- Add all the vegetables, ginger-garlic-chilli paste and chopped coriander & mix it well to get a little thick batter with a pouring consistency.
- Add the fruit salt and mic well.Keep this batter aside for 10 mins.
- Add salt to taste ,mix well and pour the batter into idli plates .
- Steam it for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney /sauce.
You can also give a tadka of mustard seeds and curry leaves and pour it in the batter. This can be a yummy , healthy and filling lunch for your kids as well (just reduce the quantity of green chilli paste). HAPPY COOKING !