Bhutte Ka Kees-Khas Indori
Being a true Indori , I always keep on telling my friends and colleagues about 'Hamara Indore'-DDLJ ka Amrish Puri types :-))Jokes apart.. Indore is the land of Delectable Cuisines and a variety of food..Food which will surely tickle your taste buds. One such recipe is Bhutte Ka Kees..which is very popular especially during the rainy season. Bhutte ka kees and Bhutte ka bhajiya is a 'must have' if you are visiting the place in rainy season. The recipe ,which is made by grating Corn off the cob, is highly palatable and quite filling. Though it tastes best when made with the 'desi variety' of corn , but can be made with sweet corn as well . I bought these sweet corn kernels a day back and made it for lunch as a weekend special recipe.Take a look at the recipe:
- 2-3 cup Corn Kernels
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- Ginger-half a inch piece
- 2 teaspoons Gram Flour
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida Powder
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Lemon
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
- Grind the corn kernels with green chillies and ginger into coarse paste. Keep this batter in a bowl and add salt and chilly powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a thick-bottom pan . Add asafoetida and mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add turmeric powder and then the coarse corn batter.
- Add gram flour and salt and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- When the dish is ready , the mixture becomes bit dry and has a rich aroma.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander and lemon. Serve Hot .
You can also serve it with chapati or can even use the left-over kees as a stuffing for sandwiches. So try it today and do let us know your feedback. HAPPY COOKING !