Bread Paneer Rolls
'Paneer' with its delicate flavor and versatility is used throughout our country to make yummy curries, salads, desserts and what not. When used in desserts, it gives a rich and creamy texture to the dish whereas when cooked with spices/ curries , it readily adopts the flavor of these spices. My husband is a die-hard fan of anything with paneer as one of the ingredients. So this weekend, I thought of experimenting with panner and made these Bread Paneer Rolls for him. Here come the recipe:
- 2 cups crumbled Paneer
- 1 tablespoon Garlic-Green Chilly paste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Coriander
- 8-10 Bread Slices
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup water
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- To make the stuffing, mix all ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside for 5 mins.
- For the coating, remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Soak it a bit in water.Squeeze with gentle hands so that there is no extra water and the slice looks like a thin layer.
- Put a spoonful of the stuffing and seal the corners of the slice to form an oval shape.
- Roll it with gentle hands and keep it aside for 5-10 mins. Repeat with all slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all the rolls on medium flame till they become crisp and brown.
- Remember the flame should never be on high otherwise only the coating will become crisp and the rolls will remain soggy from inside.
- Serve hot with Tomato sauce or chutney.