Moong Ke Bhajiye
मूंग दाल के भजिये also popularly known as मंगोड़े is an all time favourite at my home .These are a 'must-have' at the time of Makar Sankranti and are made in almost every household in MP and Northern parts of the country. This is one of the easiest recipes one can make .The best part is that moong dal takes only 2-3 hrs to get completely soaked in water . So, you hardly have to do any special preparation for these delicious and crisp bhajiyas. Take a look at the recipe:
- Green Gram/ Green Moong Dal -250 grams
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 4-5 Green Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt & Chilly Powder to taste
- Oil for Deep Frying
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 10-15 mins
- Wash moong dal thoroughly and soak it for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and grind dal with green chillies and Ginger paste, in a coarse batter/paste. Coarse batter makes crisp bahjiyas.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder ,fennel seeds and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add one spoon hot oil and mix well in the batter.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai.Take a spoonful of the moong dal batter and drop in the hot oil.
- Remember not to overcrowd the kadhai.
- Deep fry the bhajiyas till they become crisp and light brown.
- Serve Hot with Curds and Green Chutney.
HAPPY COOKING !