This weekend was totally dedicated to work and more work. But i had decided that come what may, I am definitely going to try Chocolate-Walnut Fudge .So i rolled up my sleeves and got to work. On their recent visit to Kashmir ,my in-laws brought these yummy walnuts which I used generously in the recipe.
Walnuts are high energy food, rich in oil, vitamins and minerals. It is also good for lowering cholesterol.I had tasted the chocolate-walnut in Mahabaleshwar and surprisingly i had liked it . Nothing satisfies a sweet tooth better than this velvety fudge which has a rich flavor of chocolate and authentic taste of walnuts. Take a look at the recipe:
- 1/2 tin Milkmaid Condensed Milk
- 1/3rd cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 1 tablespoon Maida
- 1/2 cup Clarified Butter or Ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- Butter for greasing
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Combine all ingredients (except walnuts) in a thick-bottomed pan and mix well .
- Cook this mixture over a medium flame ,stirring it continuously.
- Cook till the mixture thickens and starts leaving the pan.
- It hardly takes 10 minutes to get the fudge-like consistency.
- Turn off the gas and add chopped walnuts. Mix well
- Grease the tin and put the mixture . Spread it evenly with the help of a spatula.
- Allow it to cool and set at room temperature.
- Cut into pieces and store in an air-tight container.
HAPPY COOKING !