Eggless Choco Pudding
Another day begins... But today it’s bit different as I complete 5 years at work. Feels like yesterday! So, coming back to this weekend’s special preparation, I made this Egg less Choco Pudding. Though I wanted to try a different version of this rich dessert,but settled down on this one as most of the ingredients like Choco Powder, Choco Sauce etc. were readily available at home. Though I was not very happy with the overall look, hubby liked it a lot. You get a lot of variety in restaurants and shops but nothing like homemade. Take a look at the recipe:
- Bread Slices -8
- Milk- 1 ½ Cup
- Sugar- 2/3rd cup
- Vanilla Essence -1-2 tsp
- Choco Powder- 1 tablespoon
- Choco Sauce
- Tutti Frutti / Nuts (optional)
Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Tear the bread into pieces and add milk to it. Bread slices immediately absorb milk or any liquid so mash it immediately with a potato masher.
- Add sugar, vanilla essence, choco powder ,tutti frutti and mix well.
- Pour some choco sauce in a vessel, let it cover all sides and then pour the bread mixture.
- Cover the vessel with an aluminium foil with holes pricked for the steam to escape. Steam cook the mixture for approx. 25 minutes.
- Let it cool down for a while and then refrigerate it for 2-3 hrs.
- Invert it to a plate.
- Cut into small pieces and serve with a drizzle of Choco syrup.
- You can add some nuts or tutti frutti.
Remember not to add more milk as the pudding will not set properly. You can also try different flavors like mango or caramel. HAPPY COOKING !!