Kheer-E-Mangola ( Mango Kheer)


Huh... It’s Monday again. But sometimes it feels nice to be back to the organized routine. Well weekend was also not all that bad as I got plenty of time to do what I love to do... Cooking it is !!!. So on Saturday I decided to make a dessert. At the same time I also wanted to utilize the ‘left-over’ condensed milk and one neglected mango :-P .
So I thought of making this decadent Kheer with a dash of Mango Crush. At that very moment I had decided that I will name it as ‘Kheer-E-Mangola’...Sounds so royal. Isn’t it?? And believe me the dish looked divine and the best part is that my family loved it. So what are you waiting for? Take a look at the recipe:

Ingredients:
·        1 liter Milk
·        ½ cup Sugar
·        200 gms Condensed  Milk
·        1 small Katori Basmati Rice (washed)
·        1 teaspoon Ghee
·        1 big Ripe Mango
·        ½ cup finely chopped Dryfruits (Cashews , Raisins, Almonds)
·        1 teaspoon edible yellow color
·        Tutti Frutti / Diced Mango for Garnishing
 
Preparation Time: 15 minutes

Cooking Time: 25-30 mins

Serves: 4-5

Method:
  • Wash and peel the mango. Cut into cubes and blend it .Remember not to blend mangoes to a thin puree.
  • Heat ghee in a pan and roast the basmati rice for 5 minutes and keep it aside.
  • Take the milk in a thick-bottom vessel and bring it to boil. Now add the rice and let it boil it on medium flame till the rice is ‘almost cooked’ and the milk reduces to its half.
  • Add condensed milk and dryfruits and mix well.
  • Add sugar as per your taste.
  • Boil it for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
  • When tepid, stir in the mango puree.
  • Refrigerate it for an hour.
  • Garnish it with cubed mangoes and tutti frutti and indulge in this yummy dessert with the goodness of mango.

P.S.- I served the dessert with a dash of Mango Crush syrup which enhanced the flavor .
Try this today and I am sure you're gonna love it . HAPPY COOKING !!

 
Chandana Mungre Kashid
My Contacts
Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Page
 

Comments

Popular Posts