Mustard Potato Wedges with Peas Sandwich
Sunday evenings often make me feel twitchy as ‘after every Sunday, there is a Monday’ :-) . But many a times feelings like ‘boredom’ can bring out some real good stuff from your idle mind. Something similar happened with me and my mind came up with this recipe . Voilà !! I made these Mustard Potato Wedges as an accompaniment with Peas Sandwiches.
Sometimes I think aalu nahi hota to kya hota’ as the addition of potato to any dish makes
it a substantial one. This recipe of potato wedges, flavored with the bright yellow condiment is simple and has a rich flavor of its own.
Special Thanks to Kiran for gifting this yummy Mustard Sauce.
4 medium Potatoes (Boiled and cut lengthwise into 4 wedges each)
2-3 Tablespoon Mustard Sauce
2 teaspoons Black Pepper Powder
Oil for Shallow Frying
Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
Cooking Time: 5-7 mins
- Put the potato wedges into a mixing bowl.
- Add mustard sauce, salt and pepper.
- Toss meticulously to coat the potatoes evenly. Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry these marinated wedges till they become golden brown.
- Serve immediately with Sandwiches and Tomato ketchup or a dip of your choice.
You can also make the baked wedges from raw potatoes. All you have to do is to prick washed and peeled potatoes and then follow the the steps mentioned in the recipe. Bake it in microwave till golden brown. If you are making this for kids, adjust the quantity of mustard sauce and pepper. Will share the recipe for Peas Sandwich in the next post. Keep Reading . HAPPY COOKING!!