The sheer thought of crisp and spicy Papad or Poppadom tantalizes my taste buds.Remember the Lijjat Papad ad -Karram Karram..This thin cracker is one of the most versatile item in the Indian platter. A spicy onion-tomato topping , a generous sprinkle of chaat masala or a spicy tangy chutney , Papad goes well with all kinds of toppings, dips and condiments .
I am sure all of you must have tried a variety of Papad as for most of the Indians it is a must-have with every meal. Try this 'off-beat' Papad Paratha Recipe and I m sure you're going to love it.
Ingredients: (For the Dough)
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
Ingredients: (For the Filling)
- 7-8 Roasted Papad
- 2-3 Green Chillies -finely chopped
- Finely chopped Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Chaat Masala
- Salt to taste
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- For the dough ,mix all the ingredients and knead a soft dough.Keep it aside.
- For the filling, crush the papad.
- Add fresh coriander , chopped chillies, chaat masala and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the dough and the filling in equal portions.
- Roll a dough ball into a disc of approx 4 inches.
- Put one portion of the filling and seal the disc just like a Modak.
- Use the rolling pin to form a disc of 7-8 inches.
- Heat a non-stick griddle. Roast the paratha from both sides by applying little oil till it becomes golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney and curds.
You can also serve it with a topping of finely chopped onions and grated cheese. Try it today today and do let us know your feedback. HAPPY COOKING !!