Steamed Spinach Vadi
Most people cringe at the thought of Spinach. Despite all its health benefits, the taste and texture of this humble veggie makes sure that most of us don’t give it a second glance :-). So here is a recipe which is not only loaded with the benefits of this iron rich veggies, but also has a great taste. Take a look at the quick recipe:
- 4 cups Spinach Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilly Paste
- ½ cup Gram flour
- ½ cup Jowar flour
- 1 tablespoon roasted Semolina
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilly Powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Shallow Frying
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
- Grind the Spinach leaves into puree.
- Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well with the Spinach puree.
- The batter should not be very thin and should have the consistency of Dhokla batter.
- Grease a pan with little oil and pour the batter. Remember that the vadi should not be too thick as it becomes difficult to fry it properly.
- Steam for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down and cut into small squares.
- Heat little oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the pieces till they become golden brown.