Veg Spring Rolls
Some people are quite picky when it comes to food. Or should I say ‘particular’ as I am one of them :-). Though I love to experiment while cooking, I hardly like to do the same when we are eating out. So it’s quite difficult to convince me to taste something which is not on my ‘I can Eat This’ list. I know it may sound ridiculous to many but Veg Spring Rolls was one such thing which I tried only a few years back and found them OK to have once in a while .LOL… But I wanted to try my hands on this recipe which is a mouthful of fresh veggies, sautéed in the authentic soya sauce and wrapped in a crispy cover. Here comes the recipe:
Ingredients: (For the Wrapper)
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Ingredients: (For the Stuffing)
- 1 cup shredded Cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped Capsicum
- 1 cup boiled Noodles
- 1 medium Onion thinly sliced
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves –finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Soya Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chilly Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
Oil for frying
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- For the wrappers, mix maida and salt with water to make a batter. The batter should have the same consistency which you make for a Besan Cheela.
- Keep it aside for atleast an hour. Don’t make the wrappers immediately after the batter is ready as the wrapper might tear off while stuffing.
- For the stuffing, heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and other veggies and sauté them till for 5-7 mins.
- Now add noodles, soy sauce, chilly sauce and salt. Mix well. Let the stuffing cool down.
- In the meantime, you can start making wrappers.
- Heat little oil in a non-stick griddle. Pour a spoonful of the batter and spread it evenly like a dosa.
- When the color of the top layer changes a bit and the edges start turning up , place a spatula under it and take it off from the griddle. Put little oil on a rolling board and lay out the wrapper on the board.
- Now, put a spoonful of the veggie stuffing toward the corner.
- Fold in the corners and then roll towards the end with gentle hands.
- Make wrapper with rest of the batter and repeat the steps.
- Once you have made the required number of rolls, shallow fry them until golden brown.
- Serve hot with some fresh salad and tomato ketchup.
You can :
- Use the ready made Wrapper sheets available in supermarket or can also make the wrapper by making thin chapatis from maida dough.
- Also, you can also add carrots ,sprouts ,spring onion greens or any other veggies of your choice.
- Deep fry the rolls but I think its better to shallow fry as the wrapper is partially cooked.
- Add a spoonful of Wheat flour for a healthier option.