They say ‘खाने का असली स्वाद कैसे लिया जाता है ये इन्दौर आकर देखिये ’ :-)) . Ask any Indori about his favorite food and I am sure there can’t be only one.Be it Shikanji at Chappan Dukan ,Pani Poori at Chat Wali Gali , Baked Samosa at Bombay Bakery ,Dahi bada at Joshiji or our very own ‘Patice’/पेटिस (as they call it) at Vijay Chat House,everything as if is a ‘must have’. इन्दौर गए और विजय चाट का मटर पेटिस नहीं खाया तो क्या खाया .
The famous Patties at Vijay Chat House are available in 2 variants viz.Matar and Khopra and are fried right in front of you.Then the garma-garam patties are served with a generous amount of chutney.So,if you are a true foodie,you have to visit Indore before you die :-)
Don’t be disheartened if you cannot go to Indore right now. You can still enjoy the Patties
by giving a try to this recipe.
Ingredients: (For Coating)
- 5-6 medium Boiled Potatoes
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
Ingredients: (For Stuffing)
- 2 medium cups Frozen Peas
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Paste
- 2- 3 finely chopped Green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilly Powder to taste
- 4-5 Cashews (finely chopped) & Raisins
- Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Preparation Time : 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- For the stuffing, boil peas till tender. Use potato masher to mash them or grind them to coarse paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add garlic paste, chopped green chilies, fennel seeds, turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
- Now add the mashed peas and salt .Mix well.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes and remove from gas. Let it cool down.
- To make patties, take the aaloo dough and make 2 inch diameter balls.
- Gently shape the ball into a cup in your palms.
- Put a spoonful of stuffing in it and seal the cup making a round shape.
- Repeat the same step for rest of the dough balls.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the patties on medium flame till they become golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
HAPPY COOKING !