Some things in life never get a face lift . Spinach is probably one of them. Most of the people I know, turn up their noses at the sheer mention of this humble vegetable. So I wanted to make something which is loaded with the goodness of the green veggie and something which even the Spinach Haters would love to eat. Try this recipe and I am sure even your kids would love it.
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Spinach Puree
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 2 small Brinjals (cut into small cubes)
- 1 medium Carrot (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup Paneer Cubes( optional)
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves (paste)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Green Chili Paste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
- Wash all the chopped veggies and stir fry them (and paneer)for 5 mins. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, garlic paste, ginger paste and chopped onion. Saute till the onion becomes light brown.
- Add the Spinach Puree ,Chilli Paste ,Chilli Powder and Salt. Mix well and let it simmer for 5-8 mins. Stir once in between.
- Add the fried veggies. Let it cook till the Spinach gravy becomes thick.
- Add some sabzi masala. Mix Well.
- Serve hot with garam chapati or Pulav.
Calorie watchers can boil the vegetables instead of stir fry . HAPPY COOKING !!