Kidney Bean Salad
Saturdays for us is a 'Sprout Day ' or a 'Green Veggie Day' for us as me and my MIL make all possible things which my hubby hates otherwise. So the Saturday Special menu for us is anything like Matki Usal, Jowar Porridge , Variety of Bhakri's and the likes. Hubby shivers by the sheer thought of having these 'delicacies'. So this Saturday was no exception for me and i made this awesome Kidney Bean salad.
Kidney beans are rich in dietary fiber (red as well as light varieties ) and even a small quantity in the diet proves to be a treasure trove for all health conscious people .Take a look at the salad which is loaded with proteins and comes with the goodness of curds.
- 1 cup Kidney beans (boiled)
- 1 cup Cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small Carrot (grated)
- 1 small Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 cup low Fat curds
- 1 teaspoon Rock Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder / Chat Masala
- Chopped Coriander
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- Soak the kidney beans overnight.
- Add plenty of water and 1 teaspoon salt & boil in pressure cooker till the beans become tender.Let them cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, add boiled beans, chopped cucumber, carrot, onion and capsicum.
- Add low fat curds ,salt, pepper powder and a pinch of sugar.Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 mins (optional)
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
This salad can be a meal in itself and you can eat a large portion to satiate the cruel hunger pangs without bothering about the calorie content.HAPPY COOKING !!