As a part of my weekend cooking spree I made this Cheese Fusilli . Pasta is a great way to enjoy fresh veggies or even when you want to use the left over veggies.You can also add carrots, corn kernels or any other veggies of your choicein this creamy fusilli . Somehow i like this screw-like pasta which clings well with sauce or cheese ,but you can also use penne.
In addition to capsicum, sliced onions ,tomato puree and cheese , I also added some frozen peas to make it colorful. Take a look at the recipe:
- 200 gms Fusilli
- Puree of 3 medium boiled tomatoes
- 2 medium Capsicum -thinly sliced
- 2 medium Onions- finely chopped
- 1 small cup Peas
- 1 small cup grated Cheese
- Pepper powder
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
Cooking Time : 10 mins
- Cook fusilli in salted boiling water till it becomes tender. Drain .Add 1 cup cold water ,drain it and keep the cooked fusiili aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic cloves, onions, capsicum and peas. Saute till the onions become light brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon pepper powder , salt and tomato puree. Let it simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Now add the cooked fusilli. Mix well.
- In a small pan ,add grated cheese ,chili flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper.Mix well.
- Just before serving, reheat the cheese sauce a bit , toss the cooked fusilli in this cheese sauce and serve immediately.
You can garnish it with some extra cheese (if you are oblivious to the calorie content) and chilli flakes. HAPPY COOKING !!