Mix Daal Dhokla
Its been long since i posted my last recipe..Sometimes its sheer lethargy which keeps you away from doing things you are really passionate about. But thanks to my friends and people around me who constantly appreciate whatever i cook and this appreciation motivates me to try something new. This time i have tried this Mix daal dhokla which came out very well. I have made additions to the recipe according to my choice but you can surely experiment with the ingredients as per your taste and availability of ingredients.Here come the recipe of this highly nutritious dhokla:
HAPPY COOKING !!
- 1 katori Rice
- 1/2 katori Moong Daal ( Green or Yellow)
- 1/2 katori Chowlai (Whole
- 1/2 katori Chana Daal
- 1/4 katori Masoor Daal
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Soak the rice and daals in water for 5-6 hrs.
- Grind them with the fenugreek seeds to a coarse batter.
- Keep this batter in a warm place for atleast 6 hrs until it ferments and rises up. In winters, it may take longer to ferment so you can also add 1/2 katori curds .
- Add salt , ginger-green chilli paste. lime juice and turmeric powder. Mix Well.
- Grease the idli plates with little oil and pour the batter .Steam them for 20 mins.
- Let them cool down .Cut into small pieces.
- For tadka, heat oil in a pan.Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chillies. Let the seeds splutter and then pour it on the dhokla pieces.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander and serve with green chatni or sauce.
HAPPY COOKING !!