For the past so many days, I am sharing the दादीमा के नुस्खे type cooking tips with some of my friends and acquaintances who are extremely generous in sharing appreciation for my posts . Few of them wanted me to share some general tips for 'day-to-day' cooking :-) So here i am with some useful cooking tips :
HAPPY COOKING !
- To make crispier Puris ,add some rawa while kneading the dough.
- Vegetable lying in the fridge for quite some time?? Fill a bowl with cold water , add few drops of lime and soak them for 15-20 mins and Ta Da!!! your veggies are bright and fresh to make a salad !
- Want to add a subtle garlic flavour to salad? Rub a garlic pod inside the salad bowl before tossing it !
- Too much salt in Curry ?? Add raw potato chunks to the curry and cook it for few minutes. The potato will take in the extra salt easily.
- If the shell sticks to hard cooked eggs, put them in cold water for 5-10 minutes and the peel would come off quickly.
- To keep fruits and vegetable fresh for long , wrap them in newspaper before refrigerating !
- To make thick and yummy curries , always add hot water
- After boiling pasta or noodles, put them under running cold water to make them non-sticky.
- If you want to keep home made ginger-garlic or chilli paste fresh for a longer time , add some hot oil and a pinch of salt to it.
- To make dosa or uttapam crispier, add some sugar to the batter.
- Want to make clean slices of cake or bread? Soak the knife in warm water for few minutes and wipe it with a clean cloth. Now use it for slicing the cake.
- Never put a lid while cooking methi as it will make the veggie bitter.
- Always add salt only when the vegetable is almost cooked.
HAPPY COOKING !