Paav Bhaji Paratha
The scarlet color of tomato puree, the perfect blend of veggies , the tongue tickling aroma of spices and a generous does of butter...I am sure all of you must have guessed it right.. Paav Bhaji it is :) our favorite street food .A wholesome meal for people in hurry , paav bhaji is something one cannot resist even after having a full meal. Paired with crisp paav, the yummy bhaji with a topping of chopped onions and butter, this most celebrated dish of our country as if transports the diner to a zen like state. We had made Paav Bhaji at home over the weekend but due to the sweltering heat , all of us had a low appetite and so were not able to do justice with the yummy bhaji. I was just wondering what to do with the leftover bhaji, when this idea of making paratha with the leftover bhaji came to my mind. And believe me the outcome was a Voilà thing. Take a look at the recipe :
- 1 cup leftover Paav Bhaji
- 1/2 tspn Salt
- 1/2 tspn Fennel Seeds
- 1 tspn Coriander Powder
- Whole Wheat flour dough
- Chopped Coriander
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 5-7 mins
- Take the bhaji in a pan and saute on medium heat till the water content of the bhaji evaporates and the bhaji is as dry as the stuffing we use for aalu paratha.
- If needed , you can add 1-2 tspn of gram flour.
- Add the fennel seeds , coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Turn off the flame. Add chopped coriander. Let it cool down and the stuffing is ready.
- Divide the stuffing into equal portions and roll out parathas.
- Fry till paratha is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with curds and chatni/ pickle.
HAPPY COOKING !!