Orange is the best citrus fruit, according to me. Now that oranges are in season, all I wanted is to try making a fresh orange cake. So checked few recipes on the net, made few changes (so very me) and TADA –the frutiliciously aromatic orange cake was ready.
This citrus cake is soft, moist, loaded with so many flavours with a lovely light yellow colour !! Take a look at the recipe and I am sure your quest for an easy orange cake ends here!!
· 3 Eggs
· 250 gms Maida
· 200 gms Sugar
· 1 Tspn Baking Powder
· 1 Tspn Baking Soda
· 1 Tspn Ghee
· 1 Spoon Fresh Cream
· ½ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
· ¼ Cup Chopped Orange segments
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Baking Time: 1 hr for Gas Oven, 35-40 mins for Microwave
· Mix maida , baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Keep aside.
· Beat eggs, ghee and sugar until light and fluffy.
· Add small portions of the maida mixture to make a smooth batter, adding orange juice in small quantity. Remember the batter should be fluffy not loose. So you can adjust the quantity of orange juice.
· Finally add fresh cream and mix well.
· Grease the baking tin; pour the batter in the tin in a circular pattern. This way the batter spreads evenly in each corner of the baking pot.
· Add the chopped orange segments. You can also use orange rind.
· Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake, comes out clean.
· Cool the cake.
· Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.
You can use tinned juice but fresh orange juice is highly recommended. Try the recipe and I am sure you will end up drooling over the yummy and fuss free orange cake. HAPPY COOKING !